Welcome to our website for the latest news on travel, events, food/beer, or just about anything that interests us, or might interest you.

13 Dec 2006

Is it Christmas already?




Only 11 more sleeps until Christmas Day, and I must say I haven't started feeling any sort of Christmas spirit yet. The decorations are out, the lights are shining brightly, but it just doesn't feel as it should. Maybe it's just because we've been pretty busy over the last few weeks, and the last month has flown by. Last year the whole run up to Christmas in the UK was a new and wonderful experience for us, but this year I can only describe it as being unusual. It's dark (and usually fairly cold) by 4 in the afternoon, work is as busy as ever, and I can't see too many festive looking people. I even saw a depressed looking Santa in a shop this morning.

I suppose I, like many South Africans, have grown up spending Christmas at the poolside, or on the beach, feasting on braai and beer with family and friends, and enjoying the sun.

We are off to Libya for 5 days next friday, and are really looking forward to exploring a country we know very little about. One thing is for certain, there will be very little Christmas festivities over there, and with a complete ban on all forms of alcohol, we will more than likely be having some tea with our Christmas Eve dinner.

I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas and for those of you in SA, make the most of the sunny weather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home