Welcome to our website for the latest news on travel, events, food/beer, or just about anything that interests us, or might interest you.

18 May 2009

The Robberg Nature Reserve





We like this place so much we actually paid an annual subscription enabling us to come and go as we please. It is a seriously beautiful part of the world but the thing that we love about it is that you’ll see something new every time you’re there. Last weekend we walked the whole way around, which took around 2½ hours and saw me almost standing on a boomslang and took us past a group of 1000 or so seals. I know that it’s the norm to term such a group a colony but I feel that a ‘heave of seals’ would be far more appropriate. The odour was so intensely unpleasant that Jacks and I had tears in our eyes and for a short time I thought the bacon and eggs I devoured for breakfast would be reincarnated as an omelette.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home