Welcome to our website for the latest news on travel, events, food/beer, or just about anything that interests us, or might interest you.

20 Dec 2006

Ice Skating


On sunday, Jackie, myself, and a couple of mates decided to take in some outdoor ice skating in Windsor. We are absolute amateurs, and I can honestly say that its been 20 years since I have attempted the activity. The rink was positioned in a park, next to a lake, with a view back towards the castle. Lots of people had the same idea as us, and I must say that I was a bit apprehensive while shoving my skates on. We slithered onto the ice, and for the first 10 minutes we shuffled our way around, never letting go of the railing. We payed very close attention to the action of some of the skaters, and suddenly we found ourselves doing something similar, making our way around the ice in a fairly respectable manner. I must admit that Jackie looked a lot more graceful than me, but my excuse is that my feet are a long way from my head. Excellent fun, and certainly something we will be doing again in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home