Welcome to our website for the latest news on travel, events, food/beer, or just about anything that interests us, or might interest you.

5 Jan 2009

Jerez



The authentic name for sherry and the location of the stuffs headquarters. A whole bunch of cellars around town but we told Edith to take us to Tio Pepe - Gonzalez Byass, not just because it has a funny name but also because the friendly people at our hotel in Arcos recommended it. The 1 hour tour was very interesting although I must admit that I am a bit of a pushover when it comes to booze tours. As long as I get to taste some of the good stuff at the end I am a happy chappy. We had a weird train ride and got to witness the family tradition of giving the first glass to the cellar mice. At the end the guide really shouldn't have asked if I wanted to try anything else. I went straight for the top of the range stuff and can tell you that my favourite was the Noe. 10/10!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home